Archive for September, 2017
Fall is upon us! As the season starts, it’s a great idea to make sure your vehicle is ready. Here are a few useful tips you can do now to prepare for the change in seasons:
Check Your Tires – As the weather starts to change, it’s vital that you start thinking about your tires. The change in the temperature can affect the pressure and, if you do not adjust it as soon as possible, you may damage your tires or experience a problem while on the road.
Clean Everything Out – This is also a great time to start cleaning out your vehicle, as you may have residual items in your vehicle that you won’t need until next summer. You should remove any summer gear and start loading up on things you might need for the fall. This is a great time for a little interior detailing!
Test Your Heater – Most vehicles have no problem heating up every fall and winter, but it is judicious to be proactive and determine any concerns before it becomes an issue. Whether you are driving alone or with your family, no one wants to be caught in a situation where they are without heat on a cool fall evening or cold winter morning.
This is also a great time to look into investing in a new wheelchair accessible vehicle. R&R Mobility is proud to provide a wide array of new and used wheelchair vans for sale in Georgia. Give us a call at (866) 405-6807 for more helpful tips.
Are you getting ready to purchase a new wheelchair accessible vehicle? Before you start the process, you should consider the following:
What Vehicle is Right for My Needs – Before you even start looking into purchasing a vehicle, you should make sure you are looking for a vehicle that will fit your needs. You can speak with a mobility consultant about the kind of vehicle that is right for your needs or with friends and family who may also have wheelchair accessible vehicles about their experiences.
Read the Reviews – Thanks to the Internet, you have access to reviews of all types of information, including wheelchair accessible vehicles. It’s a good idea to read some of the reviews to get a better understanding of what other people are saying as you start your search for a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
Speak directly to a dealer about Your Needs – Whether you have found the vehicle you want from online or have visited in person, it is recommended that you speak directly to reputable dealer about your specific needs. A reputable dealer will be happy to discuss any details or concerns with you to make sure you happy with your investment to meet your needs.
When you are in the market for wheelchair accessible vehicles in the Southeastern US, you can trust the team at R&R Mobility to provide you with a variety of new and used selections. We are here to help you get your mobility independence back. Call us today at (866) 405-6807 to get started.
Funding for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
Although purchasing a wheelchair accessible vehicle can be expensive, R&R Mobility can guide you to programs that may help you. Below are a few general options to research:
- State Agencies – Every state has a Vocational Rehabilitation Program. These are state funded programs that assist people with disabilities to get back into or remain in the workplace. In some cases they provide funding for vehicle modifications. Check with your local program for qualifications. Check with your mobility dealer to help find local programs and third party funders.
- Veterans Administration – The Veterans Administration funds up to $18,900 for adaptive equipment for qualifying veterans. For more information visit www.prosthetics.va.gov/AAE.asp.
- Charitable Organizations/Churches – The options here can be extensive. Research what is available in your local market.
- Mobility Rebate Programs – Several OEM manufacturers (Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, etc.) provide rebates to purchasers of new vehicles that require modifications for disabilities. Before you purchase a new vehicle for modifications, inquire with the dealer about applicable rebates.
- Special Finance Programs – A variety of programs are available for financing mobility vehicles including loans with extended terms, leasing packages and more. Please ask your mobility consultant for more information about special financing programs offered.
- Fundraising – Contact all the people in your life and turn your need for a mobility solution into an outlet for socializing and creativity that can bring your whole community together. Get local news agencies involved by explaining what you’re trying to do and ask if they’d be interested in covering your story.
- Public Assistance – Depending on your disability and if you are on Social Security, you may be eligible for the PASS program. If you need an accessible vehicle to go to school or your job, they may be able to help you.
- Grants – There are several different organizations for different disabilities that provide information, support and resources to help assist those with specific conditions. For example, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society might help if you have MS or United Cerebral Palsy may be able to help if you have CP. Reach out to the local chapter and see if they can provide assistance or guidance.